Window & Door Replacement & Installation in La Plata, Waldorf & the Surrounding Areas
Are you looking to replace old windows or install new doors on your Maryland or Virginia home? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Southernwood Roofing & Siding is happy to offer new door installation and replacement windows in a wide range of styles to fit all of your needs. Our top-of-the-line windows and doors will improve the look of your home, and increase its level of energy efficiency—saving you money!
Whatever your vision and budget are for your window and door replacement in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia, our expert team will guide you through the entire process. We’ll help you choose the very best from leading manufacturers like Simonton, Alside, Atrium, ThermaTru, and Jeld-Wen.
Call us today at 301-934-0043 to schedule a consultation or contact us online today!
Replacement Windows & Door Installation
When it comes to installing new windows and doors on your home, you have many options. With so many selections to choose from, deciding on the right window replacement or door can be overwhelming—but it doesn’t have to be! That’s where we come in. As a leader in the industry, we’re here to enlighten you on the various types and styles of windows and doors available—and we will walk you through the pros and cons of each.
Contact us or call 301-934-0043 for door and window replacement with Southernwood Roofing & Siding.
Replacement Windows & Door Installation—What Material to Choose?
Each component of a window and door—from the insulated glass to the hardware—is enclosed within a frame. A well-crafted frame makes a world of difference when choosing the right quality windows and doors for your home. A few of the materials we suggest are:
- Wood – Highly durable and customizable, wood-framed windows and doors offer maximum versatility and timeless elegance that’s hard to match with man-made materials.
- Vinyl – Energy-efficient, maintenance-free, and available in a wide range of styles, colors, and options, vinyl is a great choice for many homeowners.
- Composite and laminate wood – An exciting new window material, composite and laminate wood windows are a durable option that combines the beauty of traditional wood windows with the maintenance-free convenience of vinyl.
- Aluminum – Offering the superior overall strength for larger windows and ultra-thin frame profiles that maximize your view, aluminum is an easy favorite among both construction professionals and homeowners.
- Fiberglass – For maximum durability, energy efficiency and protection from air infiltration, fiberglass windows should make every homeowner’s short list.
At Southernwood Roofing & Siding, we will walk you through the types of materials and help you choose the best for your home and budget.
Contact us today for more information on our replacement windows and door installation services in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia!
Replacement Window Options for La Plata-Area Homes
In addition to the material you choose, replacement windows also come in various styles. The style of window you choose can add character to your home’s exterior, as well as provide energy efficiency and other benefits. Some of the styles of replacement windows we recommend are:
- Fixed window – A fixed window is a window that can’t be opened. Simple. You’ll find fixed windows used for clerestory and transom windows, uniquely shaped decorative windows, as well as large “picture” windows designed to showcase wide views of the landscape outside.
- Single-hung sash window – The earliest form of sliding sash window, single-hung windows have only one movable sash—usually the bottom—and are less expensive than their double-hung counterparts.
- Double-hung window – By far the most popular window style today, double-hung windows feature both an upper and lower movable sash, allowing air into a room from the top or bottom of the window. Double-hung windows also tilt inward, allowing both sides of the window to be easily cleaned from inside.
- Casement window – Unlike single- and double-hung windows that slide vertically, casement windows are hinged on one side and open toward the exterior of the home or building using a hand crank.
Selecting the replacement window material and style or combination of styles that suit your home is your first step. To truly personalize the look of your home, you may opt to add decorative glass for one or more of your windows. Decorative glass options range from a simple Colonial grid to the more intricate diamond grid and Florentine patterns shown below.
We are happy to guide you through the selection process and make recommendations at any point.
Give us a call today at 301-934-0043 or fill out our online contact form for more information on our window replacement services in Maryland and Virginia!
Door Installation in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
As with replacement windows, you have various door materials and types to choose from during the planning process. You also have a wide variety of glass and design styles to choose from for your new door installation. From craftsman to contemporary, clear to decorative, the options are virtually endless—and we’re here to help you find the best option for your needs!
We offer a wide range of attractive exterior doors that includes:
Give your home a unique look and extra curb appeal with a new front entry door:
- ProVia – Choose from steel or fiberglass doors, including the Embarq, Signet, Heritage, and Legacy series.
- Therma-Tru – With both fiberglass and steel doors available, Therma-Tru offers a great collection of entry doors, including the Fiber-Classic, Smooth-Star, and Profiles series.
Keep the elements at bay with quality storm doors from Southernwood Roofing & Siding. We feature storm doors from:
- ProVia – With excellent protection and great looks, we feature quality storm doors from the full ProVia line, including the DuraGuard, Decorator, Deluxe, SuperView, and Spectrum series.
Enjoy easy access to your backyard, as well as a great view, with our sliding patio doors. Our featured doors include:
- ProVia – From the efficient and affordable ecoLite series to the stylish Aspect, Aeris, and Endure patio doors, ProVia offers a sliding door for every taste and budget.
For more information on available window and door styles, colors, and more, or to schedule your window replacement or new door installation, contact us today at 301-934-0043!
Contact Us for Replacement Windows & Door Installation
When it comes to taking care of your home, you need a company you can trust with all of your window and door needs. At Southernwood Roofing & Siding, we’ve been providing unparalleled window and door services to homeowners in La Plata, Waldorf, and beyond for nearly a decade.
Call us today to schedule an appointment for new door installation, window replacement, and more in La Plata and the surrounding areas!
Frequently Asked Questions About Windows & Doors
What are the most energy-efficient windows?
Vinyl and fiberglass windows tend to offer the best performance and efficiency, especially when paired with insulated or low-E glass.
What is low-E glass?
Low-E stands for low emissivity. It is glass that uses silver and metal-oxide particles to minimize heat transfer between the inside and outside of your home. This prevents heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
What are the benefits of double-hung windows?
With double-hung windows, both the upper and lower sash are operable, allowing for more ventilation options. The windows can also tilt into your home for easy cleaning.
Should I choose a steel or fiberglass door?
Steel doors offer a bit more durability and strength, while fiberglass doors can mimic the details and finish of wood. Both offer excellent insulation, and your choice will depend on your priorities.
Why should I replace my front door?
The front entryway is the first thing a potential buyer sees, and replacing an old, drafty front door is a quick way to spruce things up. Plus, with a modern, energy-efficient door, you can reduce your heating and cooling costs.
Our Service Area
We provide window & door installation, repair, and replacement throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Parts of Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.