Exterior Door Installation & Replacement in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
If your home needs a new front door or you want to update it for increased curb appeal, contact Southernwood Roofing & Siding!
We have been offering our clients the absolute best in quality products and dedicated service for years. We offer only the best, and make getting a replacement door for your home simple and stress free. Whether you’re looking for door installation or door replacement services, choose Southernwood Roofing & Siding to get the job done!
Contact Southernwood Roofing & Siding for door installation services in Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia today!
New Door Installation & Replacement Services
Your ideal door is one that matches your unique tastes, and with nearly countless door options to choose from, we know it can get overwhelming. Our team simplifies the process by taking your home’s style and aesthetic into account to make recommendations. Through our considerable experience and training our team can help you every step of the way.
Once you’ve found the right door, our team goes to work on installing the door in your home. Each installation service is thorough and precise, offering you a door that will keep your home beautiful and safe for years to come.
Doors We Offer
We offer many types and styles of exterior doors, including:
When a new visitor or a potential buyer arrives at your home, the first thing they see is the front entryway. Make a great first impression with a stylish, energy-efficient front door that is expertly installed by our team at Southernwood Roofing & Siding. Our entry door collection includes:
- ProVia – With both fiberglass and steel options, our ProVia doors offer impressive looks, strength, and durability. We feature front doors from the Embarq, Signet, Legacy, and Heritage series.
- Therma-Tru – Designed to be efficient and great-looking, Therma-Tru offers fiberglass doors that mimic the look of wood or other materials, as well as steel doors for enhanced security and safety. We feature Therma-Tru entry doors from the Classic-Craft, Fiber-Classic, Smooth-Star, Pulse, Profiles, and Traditions series.
A great-looking entry door will lose its luster if it is left unprotected during inclement weather. Avoid damage from wind, rain, and hail, plus keep your home more comfortable with a quality storm door. Our experts at Southernwood Roofing & Siding can help you choose the best model for your needs, and we can provide a long-lasting, professional installation. Our collection of storm doors includes:
- ProVia – Built to be durable, lightweight, and tough, storm doors from ProVia provide an extra layer of protection for your entryway. We feature storm doors from the ProVia Spectrum, Decorator, Deluxe, DuraGuard, and Superview series.
Sliding Glass Doors
When you are entertaining guests, easy access to the yard or patio is a must. At Southernwood Roofing & Siding, we offer sliding glass doors that give you easy access, a great view, and impressive thermal efficiency. Our skilled team can install sliding glass doors of any size and we can help you select the best model for your home. Our available sliding glass doors include:
- ProVia – From the cost-effective ecoLite to the stylish and efficient Endure, Aeris, Aspect, and Designer series, we feature the full line of ProVia sliding glass doors and we can find a solution for nearly any budget or style.
Installation & Replacement Door Materials
Not sure what’s out there, or what materials carry benefits over others? No problem—we’ve got you covered. Our specialists offer a wide array of door material options, including:
- Wood – Wood is aesthetically appealing and has a variety of options. The material is available in many styles, is paintable, is very cost-effective, and sports a respectable resistance to damage.
- Vinyl – Vinyl is exceedingly design-versatile and offers considerable benefits in energy-efficiency, giving your home a comfort boost and keeping drafts at bay.
- Composite and laminate wood – Hybrid woods are a new way to enjoy the timeless appeal of wood, while also decreasing its maintenance requirements and increasing its longevity.
- Fiberglass – Modern fiberglass doors are at the apex of durability and security, offering you a door that can stave off intrusion, weather, and more.
Do I Need Door Replacement?
It doesn’t always take a serious dent or showing of extensive cracks to signify that it’s time to replace the doors in your Southern Maryland home. Such an important part of your home’s safety and aesthetic should be well-protected and replaced as needed. We recommend considering replacement when:
- The door is no longer upright or is sagging on its hinges
- The door sticks and is difficult to open or close
- There is evidence of mold or rot damage such as discoloration or weak spots
- The door is letting in drafts from outside
- The door doesn’t fit the aesthetic of your home anymore because of a roof replacement, new siding, etc.
Choose Southernwood for Door Installation in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
When it comes to taking care of your home, you need a company you can trust with all of your door needs. At Southernwood Roofing & Siding, we’ve been providing unparalleled door services to homeowners in La Plata and beyond for nearly a decade—see why we’re the company your neighbors trust!
Call us today to schedule an appointment for new door installation or replacement in La Plata and the surrounding areas!
Our Service Area
We provide door installation, repair, and replacement throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Parts of Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.
FAQs About Exterior Doors
How much does it cost to install an exterior door?
Your exterior doors are a crucial part of your curb appeal. If chosen correctly, they can transform a dull façade into a spectacular one, so they can drive your return on investment sky high. If chosen correctly, they’ll add to your resale profits while simultaneously improving your home’s energy efficiency, so think of them as an investment rather than an expense.
On average, the materials for your installation cost between $190 and $600. Prehung options can set you back about $200 a slab, but you can expect to chop 50% of your installation costs. Most homeowners say they spend a total of $500 to $1,600 on their front doors, with the national average falling at $1,050. The perfect budget relies on your ability to balance materials, installation, and the insulation that contributes to your utility bills.
What is the best material for an exterior front door?
Taste is far from universal, but quality is not. That’s why wood is a popular choice. It’s timeless, insulating, and lasts as long as steel in the right climates. In humid environments, it’s prone to warping, but you can achieve the same organic aesthetic with fiberglass. It’s more expensive than most materials, but its energy savings make up for it over the long run.
Steel is one of the safest door materials on the market, so it’s ideal for high-crime cities. It’s prone to dents, but its strength and insulating powers support a comfortable indoor climate. No material beats glass when it comes to natural light, but chilly air can slip through the cracks.
What is the most energy-efficient exterior door?
Your door’s R-value is dependent on both its materials and installation method. Fiberglass and steel offer an impressive R-value of 5 or 6, so no materials beat their insulating powers. That said, style can stymie your goals.
Add glass to your fiberglass door, and you can wave those extreme R-values goodbye. Vinyl offers excellent thermal insulation, so it can keep hot and cold air outdoors where it belongs. It’s a low-maintenance material that can be combined with wood to maximize its aesthetic appeal. Wooden doors might be beautiful, but they’re poor insulators, absorbing heat and letting icy air indoors. Glass-paned options offer an equally low R-value, but you can add energy-efficient weatherstripping to improve its insulating powers.