Window Installation in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
Call 301-934-0043 for the Best Replacement Windows throughout the Baltimore & DC Area!
Window installation can feel like quite a daunting task. Choosing the right windows and the right company are not always easy choices. But, if you’re in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia, we’d love to make the process easier for you. Contact us if you’re looking for a local window installer.
Southernwood Roofing & Siding began as a custom home building company, so you be sure we are deeply invested in the quality of our work and have expertise in the entire window installation process. Additionally, we strive to meet your needs in the best way possible, so we’ll listen and make the best recommendations for your situation. A high-quality window replacement can instantly increase your home’s energy efficiency, overall value, and comfort for your family.
Call us today at 301-934-0043 to schedule your window installation or ask any questions about the process you may have!
Vinyl, Wood, Fiberglass, Composite/Laminate & Aluminum Window Installation
When installing or replacing windows in your La Plata area home, we have several frame material different options you can choose from. Each material has different benefits, and the best choice almost entirely depends on the specifics of your situation. The window frame gives the window strength and durability, in addition to contributing to the overall look and feel of your home. Again, it’s likely to see an increase in efficiency and comfort in your home when you install new windows. Let’s take a look at the different characteristics of available window frame materials.
- Vinyl is maintenance-free and energy-efficient. It is also available in a wide variety of colors, styles, and tiers of affordability.
- Wood is most notable for its versatility, beauty, and durability.
- Aluminum is exceptionally strong, so it is a popular choice for large-scale windows. They provide stability while maximizing the view through the window.
- Composite or laminate wood allows you to have the best of both worlds with products that have the look of wood with the benefits of vinyl.
- Fiberglass provides the homeowner with a durable material that boosts energy efficiency and prevents air leakage. Fiberglass windows are resistant to cracks, dents, weather, and expansion.
We’d be happy to talk through these different options to see what would be best for you! Don’t hesitate to contact us for your window installation needs.
Window Types Available for Window Installation
Not only can you choose the window frame material when installing new windows, but you can also choose the type of window you want. There are several different window types:
- Fixed windows are simply windows that cannot be opened. It is common to find fixed windows used for clerestory and transom windows, uniquely shaped decorative windows, as well as large windows designed to showcase views of the outside landscape.
- Single-hung sash windows are the earliest form of sliding sash window. They have just one movable sash (almost always the bottom sash) and are less expensive than double-hung windows.
- Double-hung windows are far and away the most popular current window style. They feature both upper and lower movable sashes. This way, air can be let in the room from the top or bottom of the window. They tilt inward, which allows both sides of the window to be easily cleaned from outside.
- Casement windows differ from single-and double hung windows (that slide vertically). Casement windows are hinged on one side, and they open toward the outside of the home using a hand crank.
You are also able to fully customize your windows by choose to add decorative glass to your windows. Glass options range from a simple Colonial grid to more intricate diamond grid and Florentine patterns.
Our expert window installers will work with you to make sure you get just what you want. Contact us for assistance with your window replacement project in La Plata, Waldorf, or the surrounding Southern Maryland area.
Call for Window Installation & Replacement in Southern Maryland
If you need to install new windows, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced window installation and replacement team. We are committed to delivering quality work in a timely fashion. With thousands of window replacement projects completed, we provide service you can count on.
Call Southernwood Roofing & Siding for Southern Maryland window installation or replacement at 301-934-0043.
Our Service Area
We provide window installation, repair, and replacement throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Parts of Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.