Windows are an integral part of the home because they provide natural light, ventilation, and vision. They also help keep heat and cool air inside the home, making your entire home more energy-efficient. Whether your existing windows can no longer provide protection from the elements or you’re ready to update your home’s exterior, window replacement is a must. The best way to ensure your satisfaction with the result is by choosing a professional, reliable installation company.
Since 2006, the experts at Southernwood Roofing & Siding have been providing quality building and renovation services to customers throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, with a commitment to service, an eye for detail, and a wide range of window styles and materials from some of the industry’s leading manufacturers.
Contact our team at Southernwood Roofing & Siding to learn more about our window replacement services in La Plata and the surrounding areas of Maryland and Virginia by calling 301-934-0043 or schedule an appointment online today!
Replacement Windows: What Material to Choose
While no window is complete without the pane, the window frame is what gives it added strength and durability, while contributing to the overall look and feel of your home. You can instantly increase energy efficiency, maximize your investment, and improve your family’s comfort by choosing quality window replacements.
- Vinyl – Maintenance-free and energy-efficient, our vinyl windows are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and options.
- Wood – Versatile, beautiful, and durable, wood-framed windows offer a timeless elegance that’s hard to match.
- Composite and laminate wood – A durable option that gives you the best of both worlds: the look of wood and benefits of vinyl.
- Aluminum – Exceptional strong, aluminum windows offer an ultra-thin profile that maximizes your view.
- Fiberglass – Durable and energy-efficient, fiberglass windows protect against air infiltration and are resistant to cracks, dents, and adverse weather conditions.
Browse our gallery and see completed projects with window replacements by Southernwood Roofing & Siding! Call our team at Southernwood Roofing & Siding at 301-934-0043 or contact us online for window replacement service in La Plata, MD.
Our Replacement Window Style Options
When selecting your new replacement windows, you have the freedom to choose the frame material and style of window you want. We offer several different window styles:
- Fixed windows, or windows that don’t open, are commonly used for transom, clerestory (higher than eye level), and large or uniquely shaped decorative windows.
- Double-hung windows, the most popular current window style, feature upper and lower movable sashes to allow air into the room from the top or bottom of the window. They tilt inward, which makes cleaning them a breeze.
- Single-hung sash windows have a single movable sash, typically the bottom one, and are less expensive than double-hung windows.
- Casement windows are hinged on one side and use a hand crank to open toward the outside of the home.
All our windows are fully customizable and can be fitted with decorative glass. Other glass options include a simple Colonial grid, a more intricate diamond grid, and Florentine patterns.
Ready to choose the best replacement windows for your Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia home? Contact Southernwood Roofing & Siding online today or call us at 301-934-0043.
Why Should You Replace the Windows in Your Home?
Window replacement is an investment in your home’s value and your family’s comfort and safety, but how do you know when it’s time? Consider the following questions:
- Do you want to upgrade the exterior? Instantly improve the curb appeal and add value to your home with well-designed, quality window replacements.
- Has your home sustained storm damage? Severe weather can damage your roof, siding, and windows, reducing their structural integrity. If your home has recently weathered one or more severe storms, consider upgrading your windows with a strong, durable, weather-resistant material to enhance safety and reduce the risk of damage.
- Are you looking for ways to reduce your environmental footprint? Instantly increase your home’s efficiency and reduce your energy bills with energy-efficient window replacements from Southernwood Roofing & Siding.
- Are any of your windows damaged, or warped? Windows that fog up, are hard to open or close, are visibly damaged, or show signs of wear should be considered for replacement.
- Is your home drafty? Improve the comfort and efficiency of your home―while preventing heat loss or gain―by replacing old, drafty windows with new replacement windows.
Choose Southernwood Roofing & Siding for Window Replacement in Southern Maryland & Virginia
For quality installation, products, and service trust the experts at Southernwood Roofing & Siding, for all your window replacement needs. Our knowledgeable, experienced team of professionals will complete your project on time and on budget, enhancing the look and feel of your home while increasing its energy efficiency.
Call Southernwood & Roofing & Siding today at 301-934-0043, or contact us online and let us know how we can help with your window replacement service!
FAQs About Window Replacement
Is it worth it to replace windows if some of them aren’t damaged?
The short answer is yes. Replacing older windows, even if they’re not damaged, can improve the aesthetics and energy efficiency of your home. You often save money, too, by replacing multiple windows at one time. If your budget is limited, consider replacing the windows on one side of your home at a time or look into convenient financing.
Can I change from a fixed window to one that opens?
Some replacement window styles can be “swapped out” fairly easily, such as casements in place of double-hungs. Ask your replacement window specialist if it’s possible to install a different style window in the place you have in mind.
How long will my new windows last?
New replacement windows, if purchased from a reputable brand and professionally installed, generally last 20 to 25 years. Properly maintained, they can last even longer.
Our Service Area
We provide window installation, repair, and replacement throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Parts of Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.