Siding Installers in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
Install New Siding to Enhance Your Home
New siding installation will do wonders for any home’s curb appeal. Few exterior home improvements will have a more dramatic than replacing your siding. But it’s more than just looking good. Today’s siding materials can also increase your home’s energy efficiency—which inevitably saves you on your heating and cooling bill.
Southernwood Roofing & Siding offers siding installation and replacement services to maximize efficiency and provide superior protection from the elements. To keep your Maryland or Northern Virginia home performing—and looking—its best, we offer vinyl, cement, wood, and other top siding products from industry leaders like James Hardie Siding, Alside, CertainTeed, Mastic, and LP SmartSide.
Popular Siding Styles for Maryland & Virginia Homes
Siding has come a long way since its clapboard roots. If you’re looking for new siding in Maryland or Northern Virginia, you’ve got a lot of options! From wood siding to fiber cement and vinyl siding, too, we can install it all. You’ll even find insulated siding, which further protects your home from the heat and cold.
Give us a call at 301-934-0043 or contact us online to speak with one of our siding experts!
- Vinyl Siding – Vinyl siding is durable, water-resistant, and requires little or no maintenance. Today, many vinyl sidings comply with specific green practices, making them an environmentally-friendly siding option. It is also one of the most affordable siding materials available, adding to its popularity.
- Insulated Vinyl Siding – Insulated vinyl siding includes all of the perks of traditional vinyl siding, with the added bonus of being exceptionally energy-efficient. Insulated siding offers superior durability, environmental benefits, savings on your monthly energy bills, and added protection against mold, rot, and mildew.
- Fiber Cement Siding – Fiber cement siding is made from cement, wood fiber, sand, and other components. This type of siding is termite resistant, water-resistant, and non-combustible. Although fiber cement siding may need to be painted every 7 to 10 years, its overall durability and minimal environmental impact make it a viable vinyl alternative in any climate.
- Wood Siding – Wood siding is highly versatile and comes in a variety of styles, including shingles, clapboards, drop siding, and vertical boards. Wood siding can be painted or stained virtually any color you’d like and provides more insular and structural benefits compared to thinner siding materials. Although susceptible to ant and termite damage, with proper care and maintenance, wood siding can give your home a unique, timeless quality.
With all of these options, how do you choose the right siding for you? If you are in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia, contact Southernwood Roofing & Siding today for expert help you choose between vinyl, insulated vinyl, fiber cement, or wood siding for your home!
Our Siding Services
Siding Installation Services
Whether you need a replacement or a repair, the experts at Southernwood Roofing & Siding are here for all of your installation needs. Looking to enhance your home’s appearance, reduce energy costs, or simply be proactive about your home’s maintenance? Install new siding today!
Call us at 301-934-0043 to request a free estimate for your new siding installation. We offer the best in siding products from industry leaders like James Hardie Siding, Alside, CertainTeed, Mastic, and LP SmartSide.
Unless you are in the process of building your home, installing siding is probably not at the top of your to-do list. But like most things, siding ages. It cracks and breaks—and eventually, these blemishes lead to leaks. Leaks can cause a multitude of major, and likely expensive, issues for your home.
Luckily, you can avoid these major home repairs by keeping tabs on your siding, and calling in the experts when it’s time for a siding replacement.
If you are unsure of whether your siding needs to be replaced, or you’d like to schedule an appointment, give us a call today at 301-934-0043.
Our Service Areas
We provide siding installation and replacement throughout Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.
James Hardie Siding
You can’t talk about quality siding without mentioning James Hardie siding. Whether your preference is lap siding, cement board, shingle siding, or panels, James Hardie products withstand the test of time and pass the aesthetics test with flying colors.
Since 1947, homeowners have fallen in love with Alside siding in a wide range of designs, colors, and price points.
With generations of experience in the building products industry, CertainTeed siding has a reputation for excellence, quality, and product durability.
LP engineered wood siding is a seamless blend of traditional techniques and modern, cutting-edge technology. LP SmartSide products are crafted to be contractor-friendly and easy on your budget without ever compromising durability or quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is vinyl siding low maintenance?
One of the advantages of vinyl siding is that it requires little maintenance. If your vinyl siding is damaged, individual sections can be replaced without having to install new siding on your whole house. Wash vinyl siding at least once a year to maintain a clean appearance and remove mildew.
How much does vinyl siding cost?
Vinyl siding is the most affordable siding in Southern Maryland. It has a low installation cost because it can be installed quickly and doesn’t need to be painted.
How energy efficient is insulated siding?
Insulated siding is one way to make your Southern Maryland home more environmentally friendly. You’ll reduce your energy consumption, which lowers utility bills and reduces carbon emissions. Some of the insulated siding manufacturers we work with design products that last half a century, which reduces landfill waste.
What is fiber cement siding?
Fiber cement siding is manufactured with cement, wood fiber, sand and other components. It can be designed to look like wood, stucco or masonry, making it ideal for creating the appearance you’re looking for in your home’s siding.
How can I tell if I need replacement siding?
Fungus growth, swelling siding, seam separation, laminate peeling, cracked caulk, warping, and moisture inside your home are all signs it’s time to replace your siding. Call us for siding replacement in Southern Maryland!