Professional Roofers in Southern Maryland & Northern Virginia
Expert Roof Installation & Replacement
A roof needs to be hardy enough to handle summer storms and winter snow—and it needs to look great in the process. You need a roof installer who builds with precision, durability, and quality craftsmanship. Southernwood Roofing & Siding is the Southern Maryland roofing company for the job!
We focus on offering superior workmanship and quality, ensuring each of our Southern Maryland roof installation projects is handled with precision care. As one of the leading roofing companies in Maryland, we take pride in providing custom-designed roof solutions for our customers.
Every new construction roofing project we complete, every roof replacement we undertake, is built with trusted roofing brands known for superior quality. From design to installation, you’ll receive top-class service across the board.
We provide roof replacement and installation for:
Searching for “roofing companies in Southern Maryland”? Southernwood Roofing & Siding is the roofing company Maryland trusts! Get started now or call 301-934-0043 to tell us about your roofing needs!
Our Service Areas
We provide roof replacement in Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, including:
- Charles County – Waldorf, La Plata, Indian Head, and more.
- Prince George’s County – Upper Marlboro, Greenbelt, Clinton, and more.
- Calvert County – Prince Frederick, Chesapeake Beach, St. Leonard, and more.
- St. Mary’s County – St Mary’s City, Lexington Park, Mechanicsville, and more.
- Anne Arundel County – Annapolis, Odenton, Arnold, and more.
- Virginia – Alexandria, Arlington, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Colonial Beach, King George, and more.
Our Roofing Services
The roof installation process is an extremely important one, as the quality of the job and of the products used will govern the functionality, beauty, and longevity of the finished product. Our Southern Maryland roof installation team sources superior products and offers a diverse range of options so that no matter what you want most, we can provide it. We’ll work with you every step of the way, offering our expertise all the way from choosing your new roof’s style, all the way to the finishing touches and cleanup.
Schedule your consultation now or call 301-934-0043 to speak with a professional roofer!
When a roof begins to wear down it can open your home up to all sorts of complications. A failing roof is ugly—it allows for extensive leaks and water damage, and it makes keeping your home comfortable much harder. If you’re uncertain whether or not it’s time for a roof replacement in Southern Maryland, call on Southernwood Roofing & Siding to connect with our roofing company about an assessment. We’ll help you make the right call, and offer the superior solutions you deserve.
Request more info from Southernwood Roofing & Siding or call 301-934-0043 for a roof replacement cost estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roof Replacement
How do I know if I need to replace my roof?
Often, roof repair will fix any minor issue. But, on occasion, a roof replacement will be the smart decision. There are a few factors to consider if it’s time to replace your roof, including age, past repairs, and appearance.
- Age. Most roofs generally last 20+ years. If your roof is approaching old age, it may be time to seriously consider a replacement.
- Past repairs. If you have had lots of roof repair calls recently, or if you see evidence of water leaking inside your home, it may be less expensive to have your entire roof replaced.
- Appearance. When your shingles begin to curl, break, or warp it can look unpleasant. Consider replacing your roof to add charm to your home and neighborhood.
We recommend a full roof replacement when your roof has taken on extensive storm damage; your roof is sagging or buckling; the roof is missing shingles, tiles, or other materials; or if the roof has passed its expected lifespan.
Call us to request a roof inspection and determine if you need to replace your whole roof, or if roof repairs are a possibility.
How long does a new roof last?
According to the American Society of Home Inspectors, asphalt shingles last 15-20 years; wood shingle/shakes last 10-40 years; clay/concrete tiles last 20+ years; slate lasts 30-100 years, and metal roofing lasts 15-40+years.
We are happy to walk you through the warranties provided by the roofing product manufacturers we work with.
How can I tell if my roof needs repair?
In most cases, roofing issues can be discovered easily, and way before major (and expensive) problems occur. If you notice any of the following common roof problems, repair may be necessary:
- Leaks and moisture. Various forms of precipitation and weather events can cause moisture to seep under your shingles—potentially causing leaks in your roof.
- Critters. When it comes to your roof, small animals, birds, and insects are not friendly creatures. If you notice lots of animals frequenting your roof, an inspection may be necessary.
- Standing water. Have you noticed standing water on your roof? That’s a problem and can cause serious damage to your shingles and possible leaks.
- Lack of maintenance. Homeowners often neglect their roofing system until it begins to leak or other serious damage occurs. Not keeping an eye on the state of your roof is dangerous. Without routine inspection, you may shave years off the life of your roof and repairs will be more necessary.
Do I have to replace my entire roof if it leaks?
Not necessarily. If the roof is leaking and only damages a small section, it is possible for only that section to be repaired. If, however, the entire roofing system has failed as a result of poor installation or subpar materials, then a new roof installation is appropriate.
How long will my new roof last?
Most modern roofing systems will last approximately 20 years. If well-maintained, some roofs may last even longer. Overall, the life of your roof depends on environmental conditions, proper installation and design, material quality, and adequate maintenance and repairs.
How do I choose the right roofing company?
The right roofing company will be experienced, certified, committed to excellent quality, and have an abundance of positive client testimonials. In order to make sure you are hiring the best, ask questions, look through reviews, and be sure to get a detailed quote before beginning work.
Need Roofing Services in Southern Maryland? Contact us!
When it comes to taking care of your Maryland home’s roof, you need a company you can trust. And that company is Southernwood Roofing & Siding. We’ve been providing unparalleled roofing services to La Plata area homeowners for the past decade—see why we’re the company your neighbors trust!
For all of your roofing needs and more, contact us today online or by calling 301-934-0043.