When it comes to roofing and siding for homes, a little knowledge can go a long way. Below are a few helpful tips to get you started.
- When choosing new siding for your home, don’t go on looks alone. A siding product with a higher R-value will help insulate your home, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Consider the climate where you live, taking care to choose roofing and siding materials that can stand up to Mother Nature from season to season.
- Ensure proper water drainage and prolong the life of your roof by keeping gutters and downspouts clear of fallen leaves and debris. Ask us how Leaf Relief can take the hassle out of gutter care.
- Proper insulation and ventilation will help protect your roof from damage caused by water condensation. Be sure your attic has a good layer of insulation on the attic floor and unobstructed vents with screens to let fresh air in—and keep unwanted animals out.
- Everything suffers wear and tear with time. Have your roof inspected once a year to catch and fix problems early, and prevent costly damage to your home.
For more information or to schedule your Spring roofing and siding inspection, contact Southernwood today!