5 Easy Summer Home Maintenance Tips
Although technically still a few days away, with temps in the 80’s and 90’s and seasonal celebrations already filling up the calendar, it feels like summer is well underway here in Southern Maryland. As your thoughts shift from spring showers to summer BBQ’s, it’s time, too, to think about summer home maintenance.
I know what you’re thinking, “every season, another maintenance list.” And you’re absolutely right! 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, your roofing, siding, windows, gutters and doors are on the job. The exterior of your home doesn’t get to enjoy summer vacations or winter holidays. While it might seem inconvenient now, properly maintaining the exterior of your home will keep your home looking—and functioning—great for many years to come. So, what have we got on tap for summer?
- HVAC checkup – Is there anything more important to most folks in summer than properly functioning air conditioning? Unlikely. As temperatures rise, now is a good time to give your AC unit a tune-up. Just like your car, your air conditioning system needs regular tune-ups to prevent costly outages and emergencies.
- Roof inspection – Your roof should be inspected every year to catch small problems before they become large, costly ones. If you haven’t had your yearly inspection yet, give us a call, we’ll come out and take a look.
- Clean gutters – Just like your roof inspection, gutters should be cleaned every year—more often if you live in an area with a lot of deciduous trees.
- Window & door check – Longer days and warmer temperatures make it a lot easier to inspect the exterior of your windows and doors in the summer. Get outside and take a walk around the exterior of your home, looking for gaps, cracks or other potential issues around windows and doors. While you’re at it, you can check the condition on your siding, which leads us to #5;
- Siding cleanup – We wrote a post this spring about cleaning your siding. If you didn’t take us up on it then, now’s as good a time as any!
See, now that’s not so bad. And don’t forget, our team is here to help. Keeping the exterior of your home in tip-top shape is what we do!